It is time to organise our state championships team - entry fee and uniform order are now due.
Firstly, families need to decide if they will be attending the 2019 State Championships. The event will be held:
2019 NSW Surf Life Saving State Age Championships
1-3 March 2019, Swansea Belmont SLSC
u9-u14 age groups only
The 3-day event attracts clubs and competitors from across NSW, it is a competitive event with a high standard of competition. All our nippers are able to attend and compete in individual events. Our teams for team events are selected closer to the time, and are restricted. If you are new to Wanda or unsure about attending, talk to your Age Manager or Wanda Team Manager, Brooke firstname.lastname@example.org
IF YOU ARE ATTENDING THE 2019 STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS
1. Complete the registration form - including your volunteer role, uniform and hi-vis rash vest order
2. Complete the payment - $100 per nipper (includes entry fee, uniform and hi-vis rash vest) plus any additional uniform items purchased
Both need to be done to complete your entry.
STEP 1: REGISTRATION
Entry to State is to be completed in the same way as carnivals
- It is a condition of entry that at least one member from each family takes on a volunteer role for the State carnival, please note your role on the registration form
- SLSNSW requires all competitors to race in a supplied pink hi-vis vest, size requests are to be noted on the registration form
- Uniform kit for nippers attending includes a tank top, cap and gear bag, this kit is only available for nippers attending State
- Additional uniform items may be purchased - tank top ($30), cap ($15)
STEP 2: PAYMENT
- Entry fee is $100 per nipper
- Payment is to be made via direct deposit (see details below)
- Please note your nippers surname in the description field when making payment
- Full payment of $100 per nipper (plus any additional uniform items) is required to be paid by 6 December 2018
Acct Name - Wanda JAG
BSB - 012270
Acct No - 292057163 (note surname and carnival in description)
Please keep checking back to our website for more State Champs details as they become available, click here>>
- while a cossie isn't part of the uniform pack, we would prefer all nippers representing Wanda at the State Championships to wear the official Wanda SLSC swimwear. These will be for sale at nippers leading up to state. Any queries, contact Tammy email@example.com
Accommodation and travel - arrangements need to be made individually by each family. Talk to other families in your age group about where they are staying and get a group together. We encourage you to book ASAP.
Parent volunteers - organising the team for the State Championships is a big job. Wanda Nippers will be expected to provide a strict ratio of volunteers to competitors, and it’s only fair this load is shared. Jobs include water safety; IRB crew; officials; transporting gear; age managers and assistants; committee, coaches and other volunteers. It is a condition of entering a nipper to our State team that at least one parent assists with duties, this must be nominated at the time you submit your entry and payment.
Team dinner - a team dinner will be held on Friday 1 March, more details will be provided closer to the event.