Championship day results will be available for review after each Champo day.
For any issues or queries relating to results, email Andrew email@example.com.
Championship Day, or “Champo Day”, takes place at Sunday nippers three times a season for u8-u14 nippers. u6 and u7 nippers take part in regular nipper activities on Championship days.
When is Championship Day held?
Why do we have Championship Days?
Championship Days provide nippers with a chance to test their skills in a fun competitive environment with their Wanda nipper teammates. Champo Days also:
- Determine some of our end of season Nipper awards in each age group – points are tallied at each Championship Day
- Provide input to team selections for carnivals. They are only one criteria team selectors refer to when selecting teams.
What events will nippers compete in?
- u8 – sprint, flags, wade, wade ironperson and 1km beach run
- u9-u14 – sprint, flags, wade, swim, board, ironperson and 1 or 2km beach run
Who is eligibile to complete?
To compete in a Championship Day, nippers:
- must be an u8-u14 nipper, registered for the current season
- have satisfied preliminary proficiency requirements. (For u8s, this is the 25m pool swim/float and for u9-u14, this is the 200m pool swim/float). Nippers who have not completed the preliminary proficiency cannot compete in any event on Championship day.
- u9-u14 cannot compete in the Surf, Board and Ironperson Races at Championship Days if they are not competition proficient (ie completed ocean swim proficiency). Flags, beach sprint, beach run and wade events may only be undertaken by these nippers.
A few rules:
- Events will be conducted as outlined in the latest edition of the Surf Sports Manual which can be found at www.slsa.com.au
- Competitors must finish the course of their own accord (no assistance can be provided)
- Competitiors must take part in a minimum three events on Champo Days 1 & 3, and 2 events on Champo Day 2 for any points gained to be upheld
- All u9-u14 competitors must complete the swim event to take part in the board event
- If a Championship event has to be postponed, then it will be held on the next convenient day on our beach
- Impartial judges should be used on finish lines where ever possible.
Download the full Wanda Nippers Championship Day Guideline
Championship days shall be scored as follows:
- 1st place - 1 point
- 2nd place - 2 points
- 3rd place - 3 points
- and so on until 10th place - 10 points
- 11th place and over - 11 points
- Did not start; did not finish; did not attend; did not complete three events - 12 points
Recording of results
Indepenent recorders are responsible for recording Championship Day results on the day, on the recording sheet provided. Age managers and/or Assitants will record back-up results on the day also. Full results will then be published on our website following the event so they can be double checked for accuracy. Members will have 7 days to lodge any queries and then results will be classified as final. All queries firstname.lastname@example.org
Lots of parent help is needed on Championship Days, so please pitch in and help your age managers where possible