A board hire program is available to our nipper families, where foamies and fibreglass boards are available for hire for the season - this means they are yours to take home and use at Nippers, training and carnivals. Board numbers are limited so availability is conditional on the volume of boards already hired.
U11-U13 fibreglass board - $300 for the season (including cover)
U9-U10 foamie - $100 for the season
Steps to Hire
Step 1. Complete the 'Request to Hire' form prior to board collection day
Step 2: Confirmation of board availability/suitability for hire
Upon receipt of the completed ‘Request to Hire’ form, our Gear Steward, Brett Thatcher, will be in touch with you to confirm if a suitable board is available for hire. Availability for hire is conditional on volume of boards already hired and, for fiberglass boards, if a board of the appropriate weight is available.
Step 3: Collect board and make payment
On board collection day meet with Brett to:
- Complete an inspection of the board to validate board condition inspect the condition of the board
- Sign the Board Hire Agreement form
- Make payment via EFTPOS for the hire
Terms and Conditions of Hire
See Terms and Conditions Here
If at any time the JAG committee believes that the hired board is being misused and/or the below obligations are not being met; the board hire agreement can be terminated with the board being returned immediately. Any damage to the hired board must be reported immediately to the Gear Steward, Brett, 0414 193 895.
- Hire boards are limited, so will be allocated on a first in first serve basis.
- All hire boards will be inspected by the Gear Steward and the parent / hirer at the time of allocation.
- Hire boards will be allocated to the U9-13 age groups by the Gear Steward and preference will be given to those Nippers that regularly attend training and carnivals.
- Nipper’s taking part in the board hire program are to attend board training sessions throughout the season and compete at targeted Nipper Carnivals, with the allocated board bought to training, Nippers and carnivals.
- On-going absence from training and non-attendance on Sundays may result in the hire board being reallocated.
Board Care and Handling
- Hired boards are to be stored and transported inside a suitable board cover
- The hire board is to be maintained in good condition. It is to be washed after every use with fresh water, including the handles.
- Hire boards should be carried and not dragged on the beach. Boards should not be thrown onto the sand.
- Hire boards should not be left lying in the sun for extended periods of time (to avoid bubbling of the board).
- Any mistreatment of hire boards will result in the loss of usage rights to that equipment.
Board Damage or Loss
- In the event of any damage or loss of the hire board during the hire period, the hirer is liable for the full cost to repair or replace the board.
- If the board is damaged during the hire period you must first notify our Gear Steward, Brett Thatcher on 0414 193 895.
- Damaged hire boards must be repaired immediately, at the cost to the hirer. A replacement board for hire may be organised at this time.
- If the hire board is damaged beyond repair during the hire period, the board must be replaced at the cost of the hirer.
- Loss or non-return of the hire board and/or board cover will result in the hirer / parent being responsible for the cost of the replacement board and/or board cover
Board Return at End of Season
- All hired boards must be returned at the end of the season, this will be on the last day of nippers for the season.
- At time of return, all hire boards will be inspected by the Gear Steward. Any damage identified at this inspection will be repaired at the cost of the hirer.
- Upon board return at the end of the season, you may seek approval from the Gear Steward and JAG committee for an extended hire of the board to use for at winter or pre-season training. Extended hire fee is $50 for the off-season period.
- Extended hire boards must be returned for inspection at the start of the next nipper season.
Club Boards for Sundays
Outside of the board hire program, a small number of Nipper boards will continue to be available for training sessions or general Sunday Nipper use. Where used, these boards must be returned to the Nipper Board Shed at the completion of training/nippers and are not permitted to be taken home.