Welcome to the 2017/18 season at Wanda Nippers.
Below you will find:
Rego at a glance
Two simple steps for everyone:
Step 1: Register and pay online
- Online rego only this year. Online rego is via credit card
- Online rego + payment must be received prior to completing proficiency (allow several days)
- More details on how to register online is below.
Step 2: Complete proficiency swim/float test at one of these sesssions:
- Pool proficiency (all u6-u14)
- 7 October 7=7.30am at Caringbah pool (pool entry applies)
- 14 October 7-7.30am at Sutherland pool (pool entry applies)
- Ocean proficiency (u9-u14) - will be done first day of nippers 15 October
Every nipper, u6-u14, does this every year. Read more on proficiency requirements>>
1st child $140
2nd child $100
3rd child $35
4th and subsequent children, free
Parent member* $40
For all other Wanda SLSC memberships contact the Wanda office ph 9523 4343
*At least one parent/carer must become a Wanda SLSC member. This provides insurance coverage while helping at nippers, which almost all parents need to do. Both parent/carers should join if you both help on the beach (set up, BBQ etc).
How to register online
Registration and payment will be all online this season. You will either be a:
1. Renewing member
2. New member
Details on how to register for each are set out below. You may have a combination for your family. If this is the case, register the new member first.
Step 2. You require a login/account for each individual member - child(ren) and adult(s). So either:
- Login - if you set up accounts last season. Forgotton your login details? Follow prompts on https://portal.sls.com.au/ to recover the details
- If you don't have portal accounts, create new separate accounts for each child and parent registering. Help creating accounts>>
Step 3. Once you’ve logged in to the Members Area, click Memberships
Step 4. Follow the online instructions to register. Check your contact details very carefully. It's how we keep in touch with you all season.
Step 5. Follow the online instructions to pay
-You don't need to pay for each person separately in their individual accounts. Make one payment for your whole family against one of the portal accounts (we'll link them all).
- Tip, when in the payments gateway screen click "Click Here to View Price List" to see rego prices
Step 2. Follow the prompts to register. You will then receive an email outlining your rego is pending. At this point, while you can click on the link to proceed with payment you should note:
- If you have other family members to register as new members, go back and do this first.
- If you have other family members who are existing members and require their rego renewed, go to and do this first (follow steps above)
Step 3. Once you’ve registered everyone, go to the payment link.
-You don't need to pay for each person separately. Make one payment for your whole family against one of the accounts (we'll link them all).
Documentation needed from new members
Once you have completed the online rego, you also need to provide us with some documentation. Bring it to the proficiency days.
- New nippers - child’s ORIGINAL birth certificate as proof of age
- New nipper parents (joining as members) bring:
- Completed Member Protection form for each parent joining. Download>>
- Completed Image consent form. Download>>
- Parent ID (eg. license)
All nippers need to complete an annual proficiency swim and float test. Bring swimmers, googles, cap and towel. If doing the ocean swim, bring pink high vis vest (compulsory) and wetsuit (optional).
Other costs associated with nippers
- Nippers cap ($20) – compulsory all age groups
- Pink vest ($20) – compulsory u8-u14
- Uniform items (optional)
- Carnival fees (optional) – carnivals are available throughout the season for u8+ to enter
Questions and help
Surf Life Saving Australia – online rego helpdesk (if you have issues with portal account set up, passwords, family accounts etc.) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1300 724 006
Wanda office phone 9523 4343