2018 Sydney Branch Championships
Sydney Branch Age Championships is an annual carnival between all Sydney Branch based clubs. Branch will be held Sunday 11 February at Maroubra SLSC.
Surfboard riding (u13-u14), R&R and March Past events will be held Saturday 10 February at the Open Championships.
**UPDATE FROM SLS SYDNEY BRANCH - SURF CONDITIONS**
Provided 10 Feb 2018
Branch Board of Surf Sports has confirmed that the Branch Age Championships will proceed as programmed and planned at Maroubra Beach on Sunday 11 Feb 2018.
- u9-u14 - all our u9+ proficient nippers can attend Branch
- some u8s (see below)
All entry fees are met by the Wanda.
Selection is required, as we can only send a set number of boys and girls. u8s attending Branch:
Boys: Joshua D, Ryan H, Liam L, Curren T, Harley M, Darcy T, Max C, Cooper S, Parker C, Oscar L
Girls: Isobel A, Zara ZM, Soffie B, Kyah G, Lucy N, Ruby H, Zahri L, Maya T, Ella M, Kiani J
Any queries, please contat Brooke email@example.com
- All u9-u14s who are attending the State Age Group Champs will be automatically entered to Branch.
TEAMS FOR TEAM EVENTS
Download our teams for team events (as at 10 Feb 2018)>>
All nippers can take part in individual events at Branch. There are also a range of team events - with our teams selected by the Wanda Nippers selection committee as per our selection guideline.
- All Age Beach Relay team members - Josh D, Declan N, Riley F, Keira V, Liam A, Zara L, Myles B
- All Age Board Relay team members - Sienna M, Dane S, Kai T, Fletcher W, Ben S, Jasper M
ON THE DAY
- Beach warm up with Jason Lammers, meet at sprint track
- Board warm up 6.45am with Rossi, meet at water area
- Age managers meeting 7.20am with Brooke on beach
- If you need to borrow a club board, please see Rossi at training on Thursday 8 Feb.
Thanks to everyone who put their hand up to help, without assistance from our Wanda families, our nippers aren't able to compete.
- Officials have been appointed via Branch
- If you are unable to complete your rostered activity, please arrange to swap.
QUALIFICATION EVENTS - Ironperson and board rescue – u11-u14s
Entry to board rescue and ironperson events at the State Championships is restricted. To compete in these events, nippers must qualify at the Sydney Branch Championships. For each age group:
- Board rescue - the first 5 teams to cross the line in the Branch board rescue final will qualify to compete at State. Important - the club will be awarded the ‘position’ at State - not the individuals. This may result in a change in team members from Branch to State, at the discretion of the Wanda selection committee.
- Ironperson - the first 8 nippers to cross the line in the Branch Ironperson final will qualify to compete at State.
- Wildcard - two wildcards per age group are also available for those not able to attend Branch. Wildcard entries have now closed, please contact Brooke firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have any queries.
It is a requirement for all clubs and competitors to ensure their surf craft (excluding foamies) have been scrutineered prior to attending the NSW State Championships. Scrutineering at the Branch Age Championships:
- will commence at approximately 7.30am at Maroubra
- will only operate while there is a demand - present your craft to the scrutineers as close to 7.30am as possible.
Current 'scrutineering stickers' are black and white. If your surf craft has been scrutineered over the past few years and it has a black and white sticker attached, it does not need to be scrutineered again.